
From Denise’s Kitchen (not to be confused with Char’s)
One recipe makes a whole bunch -- maybe 4-5 dozen
Mix together:
3 cups water (or use milk and omit the *powdered milk below)
3 egg yolks (save whites)
6 Tb oil
Add:
3 cups flour
3 heaping Tb baking powder
1 tsp salt
*1 cup powdered milk
6 Tb sugar
Beat egg whites and fold in.
Put a little bit of butter in the pan cups before filling them level with batter. Cook until they are golden brown on the bottom. With a crochet hook * (oh, yeah, you need one of those :), poke and flip over half way. There will be some runny dough. After cooking a little more, turn and flip pancake completely over and tuck in any open edges.
Roll in powdered sugar and serve with Buttermilk syrup.
Buttermilk Syrup:
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 cube butter (yep, that’s right!)
2 Tb light corn syrup
Pinch of salt (what if you have big pinchers?)
Boil 7 minutes
Add:
1 tsp soda
2 tsp vanilla
I won’t count the calories, if you don’t. That would take all the flavor out of them.
* Williams Sonoma have wooden turner tools.
1 comment:
I can't wait to try this! I got a pan for Christmas. I haven't been a huge fan of them but this recipe sounds so good! Thank you!
Post a Comment