Saturday Night in Las Vegas with Brad Paisley
A couple months back, Kaymee alerted me to a Brad Paisley concert here in Las Vegas. She had already been to two of his concerts and I said, "Yes . . . um, yeah sure! (That's a family inside joke from Father of the Bride.) He was promoting his new album American Saturday Night, but sang many of his hits and favorites.It started at 7:30 with two performers, Justin Moore, followed by Miranda Lambert. We walked out at 11:00, an hour past Cate's bedtime, with muffled hearing. Who cares? Brad put on a high energy show, never stopping, playing right into the next song or until he said a few words. Country music sure isn't what it used to be in the days of:
Glen Campbell . . . brought a whole new audience to Country Music with his tv show and acting with John Wayne in True Grit. He popularized "The Nashville Sound."
Johnny Cash . . . one of the most influential and popular country singers of all time with Ring of Fire and Folsum Blues.
Waylan Jennings. Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson . . . leaders of the "outlaw" country sound.
Dolly Parton . . . one of the most successful female country artists in history
Now, I have been to a "Country Rock" concert -- defined as Loud. Clayton thought it would be like listening to the radio. Ha! It was a good crowd even though the alcohol flowed freely. Good thing there was a railing going down the center of the stairs.
Did you know that Brad isn't only a great songwriter, but a fair guitar picker, too. Okay, he's exceptional. Many of his backdrop videos he made himself. During one of them he made the loop through the audience all the while playing his guitar, getting up close and personal. I should have started counting how many guitars he used throughout the evening -- maybe 8? They all had some cool paisley design.

Why is Brad my favorite male Country singer? He writes his own songs based on his own personal experiences. Songs that you can sing along to . . . and I do. Plus, I love that he is married to Kimberly Williams from Father of the Bride. He even mentions this in one of his new songs.
Brad Paisley is on a roll with 10 consecutive number one hits. My personal favorites from this latest album? The Pants -- Anything Like Me -- You Do the Math -- Everybody's Here -- I Hope that's Me -- and of course, Then.
3 comments:
It sounds like a blast,literally! I haven't been to one of his concerts, but we went to Keith Urban a few months back and it was the same way. Loud, powerful,energized and fun.I really like these country singers! I also like that they sing for the most part about uplifting things like love, God, country and family.
Keith Urban is my second choice for most favorite songs -- they usually are fun to sing along to. Kaymee and Brian don't like him, so I guess I will have to find someone else to go with.
Several years back when we were at a pizza place in St. George, someone approached Derek and commented how much he looked like Keith Urban. I barely knew who he was then. I think the new Country sound is great!
I like some of his songs. I've never actually been to a concert before...I think they're too loud! he he
Post a Comment